Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Enter Sandman



OK PEOPLE!
Ive had it.... For the last several weeks my children, my lovely little children, have become absolutly unbearable at bedtime. They just will NOT go to bed at the predetermined time.
Now, perhaps you can help me here, I have set up a bedtime of 8.30 for both of my children. Is it an unreasonable time for them? Realisticly the time is for my daughter who is 7, my son who is 10 actually knows that if he is in his bed reading by 8.30 then im not going to be to bent out of shape about it. Its the Girl... she will sit and sing and sing and sing and just NOT quiet herself... I mean seriously.
Lets take a look at our day, school is out at 2.45 and we get home around 3.15 at the latest. I try and let the kids decompress for between 15 and 30 min. with a snack and something that THEY want to do. After the decompression we begin the homework. Dinner is served around 5-6 and between 6.30 and 7.30 its bath time, and at around 8.00 its chill time in their own rooms till bed at 8.30.
So what are your nightly rituals?
What has worked for you?
What has backfired?
Talk amongst yourselves....
~ Chocotaco

4 comments:

caparoon said...

Emma is officially down @ 7:30. Sometimes we don't quite make that, but that's our fault, generally. If we did real good ("we" including her), she gets reading time til 8. She's 7.

Markus & Matthew (10, 12) are down @ 9:30.

We try to get everybody winding down and in rooms about 30 mins before.. depending on the night. And idunno... we just put them in there, and then kill them dead if they come out. Thaz all i knowz. : |

Hoerman said...

hehehe, yeah, see i always knew you and i were on the same page.
Actually something this week managed to snap in their heads, and while they are still fighting my to go to bed, they are getting up at a decent time in the morning. thats a plus at least...

Steph H. said...

I enjoy that you signed this post, "Chotaco." That's all.

Hoerman said...

Aaaaaaaaand, thank you.