Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Death of a salesman

Well after 15+ years I have left my best friend. He has always been there for me, when time were tough I could count on him to be there and give me support, when times were good, he was always there to encourage me to do more. But each time we met I began to feel worse and worse, until I had enough! I am tired of the smell my old friend leaves behind, im tired of the pain in my chest I have with every breath, and im fed up with not being able to walk without getting winded… im angry at him for the years of abuse that I was fully aware of but couldn’t do anything about.

Im done!

Some days are better than others, I will say that I have in fact seen my friend since we parted ways, but the relation ship is clearly over. With a little bit of grace from God, maybe I will be able to be around for my kids graduation, or when they get married! God willing, I will be there whether they want me there or not! :-)
I must thank my friends for their support and their help with rationalizing my loss and helping me understand that its not ok to be abused like I was!
Alcoholics have a saying; “one day at a time” for me it seems to be “one more breath”

1 comment:

caparoon said...

Hey! You finally posted again! Sorry about the loss of your friend, but hey.. he was stinky anyway, right? And expensive! Please put all the money you were spending on him in a bag and leave it on your new friends' doorstep. OK THX!!

; ]