Tuesday, November 3, 2009

whack a Mac!

So as many of you know, i have recently become a "Mac". After years of hating, i gave under the pressure of receiving one after a loved one passed (my mother in law).
Its just so cute, you want to treat it like one of the family. Ours is a 20 in. iMac and its sooooo shiny...
But alas there are issues that, as a life long PC lover, i cannot get over.
Firstly, the whole no software thing is really starting to bug me... I have always used Quicken for my finances, and the only available quicken for the Mac is 2007 and its $70... seriously $70 for an unsupported piece of software thats 3 years old? come ON!
Games are also kind of available for it, but they are typically $10 more than their PC counterparts.. stupid games..
but for some reason i still like the thing, maybe its the fact that its soooo stinking hard to find out how to change simple things.. maybe its just the challenge its self, i dont know, but i do know i love it!
But for now, shes not the only computer in my house, i still have my PC waiting patiently for the day that Windows 7 will be installed on him so that he can trounce the Mac!
Hold on little buddy hold on...

No comments: